We were founded in March 2003 by Annette and Jean-Robert de Cavel after the loss of their baby daughter, Tatiana. Although the first event was initially intended as a one-night fundraiser, the outpouring of support from friends and colleagues in the restaurant community turned it into a one-week event and consequently the second largest SIDS fundraiser in the country.
To date, the event has raised nearly $400,000. 7 Days for SIDS is the primary source of funding for the Sudden Infant Death Network of Ohio.
Our Mission: To raise money for awareness and research towards the eradication of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome), the number one cause of death of children from birth to one year, through the Sudden Infant Death Network of Ohio. And to sustain the Tatiana de Cavel Scholarship Fund at the Midwest Culinary Institute at Cincinnati State.
It is our hope to eradicate SIDS so that no family has to experience the heartache of losing a child to SIDS.
Since 2003, 7 Days for SIDS has:
- Donated $40,000 to the foremost SIDS researchers in the country, Drs. Henry Krous and Hannah Kinney
- Provided for development and distribution of the “Keep Your Sleeping Baby Safe” brochure
- Provided for development and distribution of over 3,000 infant “onesie” tee shirts to Greater Cincinnati area hospitals and parenting programs
- Contributed nearly $60,000 to the Tatiana de Cavel Scholarship Fund at the Midwest Culinary Institute at Cincinnati State
- Provided funding for the SID Network of Ohio to continue its mission of grief support, education and awareness